Loaves and Fishes Ministries is a local emergency overnight homeless shelter housing 6 men and 4 women nightly. Additionally, we have 2 transitional facilities, one for women with children and one for single men, that offer housing for up to 2 years. We are based on the teachings of Jesus, to serve others out of love and emphasize respect for all people and social justice. We do not focus on ‘converting’ to any religious belief. Our mission is to offer safe and clean housing in a loving and respectful environment. The Housekeeper/Manager is integral to this mission in that we believe how we appear to our homeless guests is our first step in demonstrating respect for them.
Loaves and Fishes Ministries – Job Posting
Essential Job Functions
Daily cleaning of the overnight shelter
- Cleaning all floors (mopping, sweeping, vacuuming)
- Cleaning all bathrooms (3.5)
- Guest Laundry
- Cleaning kitchens (2)
- Linen laundry – beds and towels
- Managing stored food in freezer and refrigerator
- Keep track of inventory of household items and food
- Shop at local stores and Greater Lansing Food Bank
- Contact local contractors to repair and maintain buildings
- Track regular maintenance of buildings
- Provide basic maintenance – change lightbulbs, batteries, etc.
The Housekeeper/Manager must be highly organized and detail oriented, honest, trustworthy, compassionate, nonjudgmental, a team player, energetic, a self-starter, and hard working. Reliability is essential. This position requires passing a physical exam, drug screen, police background check, and must have a valid Michigan Drivers License. References are required.
Salary and Hours
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, with benefits; $10.25/hour
Please email or fax cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (517)482-6848
Application Deadline: 5pm, Monday, December 31, 2018